The Boeing Company is seeking an experienced attorney to provide legal advice and counsel to various businesses within the Boeing Global Services Commercial division. The successful candidate for this position will provide legal support to hardware product and software development and sales organizations as well as parts procurement.
The Senior Counsel will report to the Chief Counsel for BGS-Commercial, and will be based in the Seattle, Washington area.
- Contract interpretation, drafting and negotiation. Contracts range from hardware and software sales and distribution agreements, to procurements, and range in complexity from simple transactions to billion dollar transactions. Assist business development teams and procurement and customer facing personnel with contract negotiation and some drafting. Provide risk-based legal assessment and advice concerning contract revisions and negotiations.
- Contribute to development of pro forma contracts.
- Partner with executive leadership teams on legal issues faced by the business and devise strategies to mitigate risk.
- Help structure collaborations with partners and participate in acquisitions and joint ventures from due diligence to post deal integration.
- Analyze complex legal issues and provide clear and concise advice that is actionable by the business organization. Work with subject matter experts in export control, privacy, employment and others to balance overall needs of the business with specific subject matter concerns.
- Determine Boeing's rights and obligations in disputes under its contracts with its suppliers and customers. Provide advice regarding pre-litigation disputes, including evaluation of claims, assessment of rights and remedies at law and under the contract, and negotiation and documentation of settlements.
Qualifications & Skills
- Juris Doctor degree from top tier law school, with record of high personal academic achievement.
- Licensed attorney in good standing.
- At least 7 years' relevant experience at a nationally recognized and well-regarded law firm or in-house experience at a global enterprise with a technology focus.
- Extensive knowledge of general contract law and transactions, drafting contracts, conducting negotiations.
- Experience in some or all of the following: intellectual property, the UCC, commercial parts and software distribution and licensing.
- Strong client management skills.
- Ability to quickly identify potential legal risks.
- Be comfortable coordinating with various support functions within
Desired competencies and traits:
- Possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is able to communicate effectively with broad range of business people and other professionals in locations around the globe.
- Demonstrates maturity, inspires confidence and establishes rapport with others easily and effectively.
- Contributes to workplace culture that values collegiality and a teamwork ethic.
- Acts with high integrity and sense of humility.
Contact: [email protected]
There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.
Leave a Comment