Senior Corporate Attorney
- Seattle, WA, USA
Paying the right way, getting paid what you're worth — it's complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of crowd-sourced compensation data and unique matching algorithms to power the world's most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader.
We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you forward-thinking, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
The Senior Corporate Attorney will play an integral role in developing and building the Legal function at PayScale. As a key part of the legal team, this individual will have broad responsibility and the opportunity to develop policies and processes across the company. We are looking for someone who will be adept at engaging with customers to successfully close deals, have a business-forward and problem-solving point of view, and the experience to confidently identify and resolve legal risks. The right candidate will have the skills to prioritize well, present to and interact productively with senior leadership, build positive relationships, and think strategically.
This role is an opportunity to influence the company across many substantive areas, including tech transactions, privacy and security matters, intellectual property and marketing legal issues. While a substantial portion of the role will be supporting Sales, the Senior Corporate Attorney will be responsible for initiatives across departments and spanning many legal areas. An interest in learning and a genuine curiosity will lead to success, and flexibility and creatively are valued attributes. We are looking for someone who is smart, creative and enthusiastic, and can help build a modern and innovative legal department.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to design, gather support, and implement legal initiatives.
- Able to communicate complicated ideas easily.
- Professional, with cultural awareness/sensitivity and principled ethical standards.
- Ability to prioritize competing expectations and raise issues appropriately.
- Able to work well with all levels and departments.
- 7+ years' experience as a practicing attorney, J.D. required
- Strong preference for in-house experience involving software/technology
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Flexible Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Strong Maternity and Paternity Leave benefits, and multiple onsite Mother's Rooms
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.