Terrell Marshall is accepting applications for an associate attorney. We are a Seattle-based firm with a dynamic group of attorneys, paralegals, and administrative professionals who share a commitment to social justice.
With a nationwide practice representing workers, consumers, and other individuals whose rights have been violated, Terrell Marshall offers associates the opportunity to work on meaningful and often cutting-edge cases in collaboration with other private and non-profit law firms. While we focus our substantive work on wage and hour, consumer fraud, and civil rights class actions, we often take cases outside those areas if they offer an opportunity to challenge unfair, deceptive, or discriminatory conduct. The Terrell Marshall team includes seasoned trial attorneys who have tried and won individual and class action cases in state and federal court as well as highly respected appellate attorneys.
Our commitment to social justice extends beyond our case selection. Terrell Marshall offers its attorneys and staff up to twelve hours of paid time for participation in social justice activities, such as challenging institutional racism, serving as protest observers, and protecting voting rights.
- Legal writing and research
- Drafting complaints
- Drafting and responding to discovery requests and preparing meet and confer letters
- Deposition preparation and participation
- Mediation preparation and participation
- Communicating with clients, class members, and co-counsel
- Investigating potential class actions
- Other tasks as assigned
- At least three years of experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in research, writing, and communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as a cooperative team member as well as independently
- Effectively complete complex assignments independently and a wide variety of tasks simultaneously
- Excellent judgment and decision-making capabilities
- Commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity
- Spanish language skills a plus
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, paid leave, LTD, FSA, 401k, gym membership, ORCA pass, and cell phone reimbursement. Our office is currently working remotely but when open, it is dog friendly and includes a meditation room and mini gym. For additional information about our law firm, visit www.terrellmarshall.com.
Application packets (cover letter, resume, two writing samples (under ten pages each), and a law school transcript) should be sent to Cara Hohenstein at [email protected].
Terrell Marshall is deeply committed to building a workplace where inclusion is not only valued but prioritized. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neuro-diversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.
Terrell Marshall is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in the employment application process. To request an accommodation, please email [email protected].