Frank Freed Subit & Thomas LLP (“FFST”) seeks an associate attorney to join our firm's mission of strengthening workplace rights of employees. FFST represents employees in individual and class action cases aimed at promoting equality, dignity and fairness in the workplace. The firm's practice includes wage and hour class actions, discrimination and sexual harassment matters, disability accommodation and leave cases, contract disputes, licensing issues for medical professionals, non-competition claims, and various other aspects of the employment relationship. FFST also represents unions, including handling grievances and collective bargaining.
The firm seeks a talented and socially conscious associate attorney to primarily work on the firm's wage and hour class actions, individual litigation, and union matters. The associate will work with other attorneys at the firm on all phases of litigation from intake to trial (or arbitration), negotiations, and appeal. Applicants should have:
- at least two years of experience in civil litigation (or federal clerkship experience)
- an exceptional academic background
- experience in, or a demonstrated passion for, employment and labor rights
- skills and experience working directly with clients, drafting briefs, handling discovery, and taking depositions
- excellent research and writing skills
- admission to the Washington State Bar Association
- a commitment to justice for workers
Prior civil litigation experience or a judicial clerkship is required. Spanish language proficiency and interest in working with Spanish-speaking workers is desired.
FFST values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Anticipated start date for this position is summer or fall 2019.
Interested candidates who meet the qualifications should email your résumé, cover letter, law school transcript, and a writing sample to [email protected]
Frank Freed Subit & Thomas LLP
705 Second Avenue, Suite 1200
Seattle, WA 98104-1798